Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? We shared some of our most frequently asked questions to help you out.
Everyone’s to-do list is unique, and our team is equipped to handle what is important to you.
A Home to-do is anything around your home that you want done that takes your time to complete. They can be inside or outside your home and are endless but typically fall into the following categories:
- Standard repairs – fix the toilet, repair the trim, remedy the leaky faucet, troubleshoot an outlet
- Home improvements – hang ceiling fan, install storm door, change kitchen faucet, paint the living rm
- Home tasks – take out the patio furniture, pressure wash the driveway, set out the holiday decorations
- Small projects – hang a family picture wall, put together furniture/toys, childproof the home
Often is it hard to find a reliable partner that you can trust to handle these items for you. Giving you time back by taking these off your plate is what our team excels at!
Manufacturers and builders have standard preventative maintenance tasks that enable homes to maintain their value and structural integrity. Freedom Home Advantage has compiled a comprehensive list and trained our staff to make your home safe, comfortable, and cost efficient. We don’t just inspect your home to give you a list of what needs fixed. With our Home Checkup we find issues and we fix them for you! Below are a few examples from our 65-point maintenance plan that you can select as part of your service appointments.
Safe – smoke alarms, CO2 detectors, interior/exterior lights
Comfortable – interior door swing and function, sinks/tub drain speed, bathroom vents cleaned, interior trim caulking
Cost Efficient – bath/kitchen caulking, HVAC filters, gutters/downspouts, hose bibs winterized, refrigerator coils cleaned
Your home is one of your biggest investments! You probably perform preventative maintenance on your vehicles and teeth, but most people don’t have the time, knowledge, or tools necessary to perform the necessary maintenance on their home to prevent costly repairs.
We are a trusted partner you can turn to for all matters pertaining to your home!
We pride ourselves on knowing your home and priorities. Your assigned Home Service Specialist (HSS) will know your home inside and out, and during your first appointment we capture all key details about your home. So when you call with an issue, we already have an idea of what you are referring to and have the details to trouble shoot it and come prepared to remediate your issue.
Additionally, while handymen can provide certain needed home repair and improvement services, they are not your one call for all home care and repair needs. If it is outside their capabilities you are left searching for, chasing, and managing additional contractors to meet your needs. Our team is trained to handle a wide range of home to-dos but when a large or specialized project comes up, your Home Concierge is only a call away to handle it for you!
- Trusted Partner – You are assigned a Home Service Specialist (HSS) that gets to know you and your home, you will not have a bunch of specialists rotating through your home.
- Reliable – Our clients look forward to their scheduled monthly visits. The monthly visit means the Home To-Do list does not grow too large and your most important items are taken care of timely!
- Employees of Freedom Home Advantage – your HSS is an employee of Freedom Home Advantage not subcontractors like many online services or mobile applications.
- Preventative Maintenance – Our team is trained on key maintenance items to ensure your home is safe, comfortable, and cost efficient; in addition to tackling items off your to-do list.
- Peace of Mind – You get to know your HSS and he takes a personal interest in maintaining your home as he visits you and your home every month. Many of our clients refer to their HSS as “their guy”.
All our memberships include:
- A personal Home Concierge and Service Specialist
- A specific week of each month for your visit
- Time monthly to tackle your Home To-dos
- Maintenance items you get to select from our Home Checkup
- Emergency call support
- Access to Freedom Home Advantage’s network of quality service providers
- Time back to do the things you enjoy and peace of mind knowing your home is taken care of for you
- Add-on service hours when you need them
- House Calls – when you need someone at the house to meet a delivery person
- Home Watch – someone to check on your home while you’re away
- Large or specialized home project bid processing and project management
Want to learn more? Contact us
Service appointments vary from 2–7 hours per month, with plans starting at $190/m with $20 of materials included.
There are several membership levels to fit your unique needs, so please call 724-844-3500 or fill out our contact us form to schedule a home evaluation.
Your membership lasts for 12 months. If you move or need to cancel the service, you can do so with 3-months’ notice.
Unlike other service providers who send out technicians based on their schedule; with FREEDOM you are assigned a Home Service Specialist (HSS) that will visit your home each month. Your HSS gets to know you and your home, and you get to know your HSS. All team members are background checked and are held to a code of ethics that focuses on your privacy and the wellbeing of your family and home. In the event of an issue the company is fully insured and bonded.
While we expect you to be there for the first visit to meet Your Home Team, we find most of our clients seek the Freedom of Time and are therefore are not home during monthly service visits. Our team works with you to build this trust, gets your to-do list in advance, and can access your home while you are away to perform our services.
We currently serve the entire South Hills of Pittsburgh, from the Southside to Washington and Bethel Park to North Fayette.
If you don’t live in this area but are interested in this service call 724.844.3500 to learn more and get on our waitlist. Encourage your neighbors to do the same as we will service an area once enough homeowners are on the waitlist! Service quality is a top priority for us; unlike many of our competitors that say yes but don’t deliver, we will ensure we can provide the level of service we expect of ourselves and for your area before we commit.
We are a trusted partner for our members built on reliability, consistency, quality, and being available when they need it. Our members will get priority booking, but we will be happy to handle any home matters for you. Give us a call at 724.844.3500 or fill out the Contact Us form on the web page and we’ll be happy demonstrate for you the Freedom Home ADVANTAGE.